Auto Insurance Information
Florida Auto Insurance
Car insurance can be a confusing topic and getting stuck with the wrong insurance policy can be expensive and frustrating. Luckily there are ways to find necessary coverage at an affordable price for your Florida vehicle. In 2018 there were 402,592 crashes, 254,873 of which resulted in injury. Florida is a busy hub of entertainment and businesses and it’s crucial to not be caught without insurance. Express Insurance
helps clients throughout South Florida find cheap car insurance and reliable coverage from top carriers. We use our 18 combined years of experience to make sure our clients have the right policies for their needs.
What is Required for Car Insurance in Florida?
Florida has certain minimum requirements for car insurance. It is a no-fault state, meaning that on top of liability insurance, drivers must carry personal injury protection in order to cover medical expenses for the driver and passengers in case of an accident. The minimum requirements are:
- $10,000 in property damage liability
- $10,000 in personal injury protection
- $10,000 in bodily liability per person
- $20,000 in bodily injury liability per accident
How Much Car Insurance Do I Really Need in Florida?
Florida is a well-populated state with one of the highest numbers of uninsured drivers in the U.S. It’s crucial to carry enough car insurance to cover you, your vehicle and your passengers in case of an accident. On top of liability and personal injury protection, car insurance policies also include:
- Comprehensive Coverage: Comprehensive coverage is coverage that steps in when your vehicle is damaged by an incident other than a collision. This includes fire, windstorms, theft and vandalism.
- Collision Coverage: Collision coverage steps in to pay physical damages when you collide with a vehicle or another object.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist: Florida has one of the highest numbers in uninsured drivers in the U.S. Uninsured motorist coverage helps pay for damages when you crash with someone who doesn’t carry the necessary amount of insurance.
Why is Car Insurance in Florida So Expensive?
Car insurance premiums are affected by a lot of factors. Florida tends to have a higher cost of car insurance due to the location close to the coast, the cost of living and the number of uninsured drivers. Ask an insurance agent today about possible discounts.
Find Insurance Today
Express Insurance is here to take away the stress of finding car insurance. Let us find the perfect policy for your vehicle from one of many reliable carriers. Give us a call at (954) 943-7900
or fill out an online quote form to insure your vehicle today.
Auto Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Auto Insurance Customer Service Options
Self policy service any time of the day, directly from our website. To request a policy change on your account, click any of the following policy service options below.